Thursday, October 05, 2017

Day after day

I’ve been known to show a foolish grin occasionally.

“But the fool on the hill
Sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head
See the world spinning round”

I noticed a few things while watching our world spinning round. Coming down from the hill, I’ll share my feelings on a few topics here before they spin out of my head.


day after day


The Land of Lincoln needs help

The poorly run state of mine, Illinois, was recently mentioned as debt example on a business channel during a discussion of Puerto Rico’s debt problem. (my state of mind does always run well either)


world spinning round 



While checking out a foolish end-of-the-world forecasts (I forecast the world spinning around for many centuries to come). I came across an interesting fact about our earth’s magnetic field. You might recall that earth’s magnetic field is cause by the spinning of the liquid outer core. What was news to me is the fact the magnetic north pole moves and has moved quite a distance since scientists determined its location back in the 1800’s.

A NASA’s article says the magnetic pole is moving faster now. Scientists estimate the pole is migrating northward about 40 miles per year, as opposed to about 10 miles per year in the early 20th century. It won't be long before its pace will outpace my pace.



fool on the hill 



Did you notice the recent fool on the hill? A devious fool testified on the hill (the hill in DC) this week. The eyes in my head noticed the creative way an activist protested at the Equifax hearing. Amanda Werner, arbitration campaign manager for Public Citizen and Americans for Financial Reform, dressed up as the Monopoly Man. She managed a seat near the Equifax fool so she would be in camera shots.(more about her protest follow this link).

ooooh 

Hills can be strenuous so maybe I should hang out at the mall instead. However, I avoid the mall for fear I might be summoned to food court for a bagel violation.


No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing